Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Is Blogging Hurting Your Writing

Do you feel blogging takes away from your writing time?

I wondered about this question and came to the conclusion that it helps my writing. I started blogging way back in the day, and I mostly did it because I had a lot of time do so, but that was a long time ago.

I also started blogging because I liked the community of writers I talked to at the time.

My best friend started a blog, so I had to start one. I discovered that he had a knack for writing that I never knew he had, so I had to try to outdo him. I was very competitive when I was younger.

The whole blogging thing was new to me, and it gave a chance to write opinion pieces. This blog has changed over the years, and it changed over the years because I wanted to get more people reading my post. I don't know if it worked as well as I hoped.

I also barely used this blog anymore. It seemed to me that a lot of the writers I used to follow don't even blog anymore. I wonder why they quit writing?

That gets me back to the original question and the question of time. It is easy to get carried away and lose track of what you were working on, but it is also nice to take a break and read what other people write. That is why I feel it is good for your writing to blog and join the community of writers that share their thoughts and ideas. I find these writers to be inspirational.

Will I always write something on this blog? Probably not. I need to be honest. I get distracted easily and sometimes life just points me in different directions.

Good luck with your writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment